Mrs Pamela Taylor
Pamela Taylor is the Master of the Worshipful Company of Educators.
• Pam studied Drama and Education at the Rose Bruford College, where she qualified as a teacher, and then completed a BA Honours in English and American Literature at the University of Kent at Canterbury. She had a long teaching career, and worked in both the maintained and independent sectors, teaching English Language and Literature, Drama and Theatre Arts in both single-sex and mixed secondary schools. She was Head of English at Bromley High School (Girls’ Day School Trust) for seventeen years.
• Increasingly, she became involved in the world of assessment for national school examinations, becoming a Principal Examiner, Chief Examiner and ultimately Chair of English Examiners at Pearson Edexcel, a post she still holds. Her examining expertise led to opportunities to train English teachers in the UK and she was also involved in ‘Poetry Live’ sessions in London and in radio master classes on English Literature. She is a member of the Chartered Institute of Assessors and an English Expert for Ofqual.
• Since leaving teaching she has worked as examiner, trainer, writer, scrutineer and consultant. Her experience of running courses for teachers and students is extensive, both in the UK and internationally, such as in Europe, Australia, China, Africa, the Middle East, India, the USA and Sri Lanka. She has written a number of books on the teaching of English Language and Literature, as well as having contributed to a large number of practical teaching resources which have been used to help students and teachers prepare for their examination courses.
• She is married to David, Past Master Educator (2008-2009), and has two children, Alex and Penelope, and two grandchildren, Annabel and Benjamin. She lives in Sevenoaks in Kent.
• Her main interests are literature, theatre, music and the arts, gardens and travelling.