In 2018 the awards programme consists of five categories:
· The Masters Award: the topic changes annually with the interests of each new Master
· The Inspirational Educator Award: for eight high achievers in a specific field. Each year the Trustees choose a different theme for this award. Themes have included Art and Design, ICT in Teaching and Learning, Creative Technologies and SEND. The focus for 2018 is to be Prisoner Education
· No 22 (Training) Group RAF medal: awarded to an outstanding educator
· Cadet Vocational Qualification Organisation medals: awarded to a volunteer adult learner from each of the Armed Forces’ cadet corps for outstanding performance
· The Mary Lou Carrington Award: for a businesswoman who has made a very significant contribution to education
Currently the Trust has three Bursaries to award:
- The Educators-City and Guilds ‘match-funds’ Bursary Scheme that supports three applicants for professional development in vocational education and training. This includes a bursary endowed by Past Master Peter Warren.
- The Geoffrey Bond Bursary for professional development of a tutor at the City and Guilds Art School
- The Keith Hutton Bursary to support an educator in the Performing and Creative Arts
The Awards and Bursaries are presented at a glittering Annual Awards dinner in a splendid livery hall in the City.
If you have any queries about the work of the Trustees, contact the Chair or the Trust Secretary.